We have all seen the videos where an unsuspecting dog owner comes home to a destroyed couch, clothes strewn everywhere, garbage rifled through or even worse, all of the above. The mayhem a bored dog may inflict on a home when left to their own devices can be downright brutal. There are things dog owners can do to ensure this doesn’t happen to their home. Proper exercise is an important aspect of any dog’s routine. But what if you can’t get your dog out of the house before you leave for the day? Dog toys that help prevent dog boredom, including interactive dog toys, can be a great aide in keeping your little guy entertained and your possessions safe!
Most plush puzzle dog toys present an obstacle or puzzle between your dog and their favorite treat. The thinking here is by engaging your dog with a problem their energy and attention will be spent trying to get their treat from the interactive toy.
Here are six reasons why treat dispensing dog toys are boredom busters for dogs:
- Staying Active – Dogs are in many ways like children. Like children, dogs get bored easily and as we have seen, boredom can lead to destructive tendencies in dogs.
- Problem Solving – Interactive toys pose challenges for dogs and they are rewarded for solving the problem with their favorite treat.
- Engagement – Dogs seek entertainment just like humans. Dog boredom buster toys keep dogs interested and active for long periods of time.
- Curb Destructive Behavior – Destructive behavior like we see in those videos is a telltale sign of boredom. Treat dispensing dog toys give your dog the stimulation it needs instead of Fido finding that chewing the corner off of your end table is a great way to pass the time.
- Different Levels of Difficulty – Knots of Fun bored dog solutions offer a variety of skill levels to fit your dog’s abilities. Knots can be tightened or loosened to accommodate your dog’s needs.
- Encourages Bonding – Dogs, like children, look for encouragement and approval from the people in their lives. Interactive dog toy puzzles give you an opportunity to spend quality time with your furry friend while they interact with their toy.
There are countless benefits to introducing interactive dog toys to your pet, including bonding with your pet and preventing dog boredom. Keeping your dog active, engaged and happy can be the best thing that ever happened to you, your furniture and your belongings!